Top Ad

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Soto Ayam Istimewa



Despite battling going through heavy traffic jam everyday to reach home from work for Iftar, I will still make a point to prepare something for the family from my kitchen.... alhamdullillah so far, never thought of buying the main dish from Pasar Ramadhan... reason being, my 6 years old daughter is fasting, and my 5 years old boy is also learning to fast.. feeding their empty stomach with outside food can be very risky .... 


Might as well just prepare something simple .... like this..... if I can refer to as simple...

SOTO




Ingrdients

For the Soup
Water
Chicken
Sup Bunjut
Ginger Juice
White Pepper
Salt
Dried Shallots
Dried Garlic

Fried Chicken
Chicken (Quartered)
Grated ginger
Garlic
Tumeric powder
Salt
Oil for frying


Pegedel

Potato (Fried)
Dried Shallot
Salt
White Pepper
Egg

Mashed it and form a small round ball shape....then flatten it....*Tips, the potato must be fried until golden brown and immediately put in the stone mortar to mash it until smooth in order to form the shape easily. Deep in an egg and shallow fry until golden brown.
.
.
.



.
.
.

Side ingredients
Nasi Impit or Lontong
Su'un (goreng)
Chinese Parsley
Beansprout (Celur)
Fried Shallot and Garlic
Sambal kicap
.
.

*Tips on frying soto ingredients...
Use the same oil to fry everything in this chronology

First : Shallots and Garlic
2nd : Su'un
3rd : Potato
4th : Chicken
5th : Spare aside for pegedel

Why in that manner.... ha... minyak tu dah wangi dengan gorengan bawang.... terus meresap ke kentang dan ayam..... kalau pakai minyak fresh goreng ayam... dapatlah ayam goreng yang rasanya flat....


*Tips on Fried shallots (Bawang Goreng)


If you notice, fried shallots & garlic is widely used in this recipe.... even the soup used the bawang goreng instead of just onion..... I am very particular in choosing fried shallot... most of the one selling added flour to the onion... even scarier I heard they added straws to get the crisp...my goodness..

To make this bawang goreng, you have to use only this one particular type of shallots and it is most expensive ... Thai shallots.... the price now is about RM15-16 per kg... easily found in pasar malam but not the one in big hypermarket...... this onion will gives you the crisp when frying...

 



and the only place where I can buy this is in Indonesia... Surabaya or Bandung... they eat bawang goreng as a snack.....very healthy snack


 .
.
.
.
.
see these tiny hands....


 .
.
.
.
.

happily "meratah" the bawang goreng... I have to hide my bawang goreng.... so every time I make my bawang goreng before dish... I doubled the quantity so that I can eat half of it while cooking..... very nice... try it....
.
.
.
.
.
and that tiny hands belongs to....


 .
.
.
.
what I am trying to share with you guys , you don't need a complicated ingredient to prepare for a dish.... all you need is the secret technique of using simple ingredient which you can easily found in your local store....that's why I'm giving you lots of tips...




Ok back to my soto..... Here we are..... imagine if I have to buy all these from Bazar Ramadhan?.... just a portion for 9 of us.... can't afford to bring my kids to dine out... once in a while maybe.....so what I ate in the restaurant, I'll try to cook it at home... cook , failure, improvise, cook, success.... the cycle repeated....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang Ad