Top Ad

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lunch at Eighteen Chef , Singapore


Eating would be the last thing on our list when we're in Singapore. Firstly, because we're not sure of the Halal Status. Secondly it's because of the price. Third, we're always short of time and the list can go on and on. Better still, we may think of visiting Singapore during fasting month. But this time, we're thinking of having a meal while in Singapore. After doing a bit of reasearch in internet, I got to know there's one restaurant with Baked Crab Cheese Chilli be their speciality and they are Halal Certified.

I make a point to asked further with the shopowner. They have three outlets in Singapore. Luckily I did, because they only have this crabby on every Wednesday. Gosh! we're going there during weekend... then I called another 2 outlets and got the same answer. So I make a request, whether I can have that crabby thing on Saturday.. they had this special meeting and promise to call me back few days later. The harder to get the thing the more determine I am. Did the follow up and they said they are still discussing whether the supplier can make special delivery for the crab on that day. Then on Friday afternoon, they gave me a rang... yes!!! positive. I can have the crab...

Imagine, they just preparing one portion just for 2 of us... so... where is this Eighteen Chefs ? You'll find out more here or read further to get the answer.
Eighteen Chefs is a favourite place for students to hang out.. They offer great discounts for students and the price is very reasonable. The shop is very cosy and you can customise your order following the steps in the menu. But I'm not interested in anything else except for my crab...
*
*
Reading corner
mostly cookery book on shelf
*
*
*
Unique ketchup and mayoinaise dispenser
Salt and pepper
Cutlery corner
*
*
*
Self written order chit
you're the chef and you write want you want the chef to cook for you
the chef will follow your instructions
*
*
*
*
Chef Specialty
I ordered D & E
*
*
*
and now see what served on our table
for drinks we chose our all time favourite
Ice Lemon Tea
*
*
Complementary Soup of the Day for us
Tomoto Soup with Pasta
*
*
*
My favourite
Aglio Olio Pasta
*
*
*
Jemput makan semua
*
*
*
and this is it
Cheese baked Chilli Crab served with Mantao Bread
how do I describe this
It has Italian taste
I am just wordless
*
*
*
*
*
and a complementary ice cream for desserts
*
*
*
We're being served by the whole troop
and this picture was taken by the chef himself
*
*
*
Two fingers up for the delicious meal and great hosptality
*
*
Special thanks to Hakim for making this happen..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang Ad