Thinking of something fancy for breakfast? Perhaps can try and make this ... Strata... strata can be prepared savory our sweet... and layer all ingredients a night before , leaving you conveniently just to bake it on the next day. What goes in my strata? let see
Butter, for greasing the baking dish
Slices of hearty whole-wheat/wholemeal or mutigrain bread
6 large egg, beaten
2 1/2 cups of milk
Assorted cheese (Mixed of cheddar & mozarella)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Finely chopped chives
1. Start your cooking by reciting bismillahirrahmanirrahim
2. Preheat the oven 180 degree celcius
3. Butter the ovenproof baking dish
4.Cut the bread into slices. Lay the slices across the baking dish
5. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in half the cheese and season with salth & pepper. I add in my Secret blend. Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices.
6. Layer the beef strips and asparagus stalks . Pour the remaining egg mixture over the top and finish with remaining cheese.
7. At this point, you can bake the strata immediately, or cover with plastic wrap/cling film and refrigerate overnight and bake the next day
8. Bake the strata until golden brown, let it cool, sprinkle the top with top chives, and serve in the baking dish
You can half the potion for smaller crowd , great dish for brunch and potluck.