Top Ad

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Not just a Bruschetta......

Since my last experiment of cooking Italian dish.. I somehow gain some confidence to try more of Italian dish.... since today is a special day for all mothers... I felt like cooking something special for my kids..... for the appertizer... I chose to make Bruschetta using very simple and traditional way of how Italian like it to be.....

there are many types of Bruschetta but for a beginner, let me start with the authentic one and gives a variety later when I have mastered the basic one..... okay let's get the basic ingredients ready and you'll be surprise how wonderful it turns out to be......
Bruschetta Pizzaiola
Ingredients
1 Baguette, sliced
Cherry Tomato, quartered/diced
1 handful fresh basil
Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan Cheese
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
2. On a high heat, toast the bread using a stove top grill, then set aside
3. Rub the bread with crushed garlic
4. In a bowl, mix together tomatoes
5. Season very lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper
6. Stir well and and top the bread with the mixture plus the basil
7. Add cheese and cooked in the oven for about 10 minutes until teh cheese has melted and start to crisp into nice golden colour.
8. Then place in aplatter and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving
9. Dresss with a couple of freshly picked basil and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
oooppss
and the magic spell
a drop of mom's love to the dish
*
*
*
*
get ready for my first attempt of
Bruschetta Pizzaiola
*
*

*
*
*
and that's the appetizer.... my enthusiasm goes beyond limit.... I'm too eager to make the Pesto since I have a bunch of basil..
"Perfect Pesto starts with fresh basil"
Pesto

Ingredients
A handful of fresh basil
Peanuts
Salt and Pepper
Garlic
Olive Oil
*
Directions
Blend all of the above and that’s it…..
 Pesto is like a paste that you can add to your favourite pasta… so to try out my pesto, I have planned to make Pasta with Meatball in tomato sauce…
 
*
*
*
*
and for my main dish of the day
Spaghetti with Meatballs in tomato sauce
*
*
Ingredients

250 gram Spaghetti
Meatball
Fresh Mushroom
Ready made Spaghetti Sauce
Fresh basil
Salt and Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

(Blend)
1 fresh tomato
Few cuts of carrots
1 red chilli
Garlic

Directions

Cook the meatball and mushroom with Olive oil until golden then put aside…
In a pan, pour some olive oil, then cook the blended ingredients, add the spaghetti sauce… season with salt and pepper… lastly add meatball and mushroom and garnish with fresh basil….


Don’t forget mom’s love for a special mother’s day dish….
*
*
*
*
That too much Italian for the day right.......try it out.... me and family loves it very much...... I still thought Italian dish should remain Italian and not modified to suit a Malay taste..... use the basic Italian ingredients and you'll never go wrong.... stay authentic and keep it to basic .... less is more....




9 comments:

  1. Ermm.. nyum nyum.. sedapnyer nmpak ur Italian food.. Zai pun kdg2 rajin gak cuba2.. Nanti kalau free visit laa Zai punya recipe blog gak k.. Leh sharing2 recipes...
    http://zai-recipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zai,
    visited ur recipe blog. Mcm2 nak kena cuba ni. Noticed that u like crab. Same with me. Thanks for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erma,
    Let's explore more variety ways in cooking pasta, Rasanya my next project would be ravioli or lasagna.. All about italian and pasta stuff. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to eat Italian food and cooking them as well.
    Yours look really good, mamma mia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. shark,
    I find that Italian ccoking is simple and delicous... share some Italian recipe babe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice food, nice presentation and nice pic.. colourful gitu, i teringin but i tak pernah cook italian before.. basil tu nampak fresh sangat2..
    anyway dear, happy mother's day to u.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the wish babe...fyi, that's the first time i cooked all that... I belasah jer...but of course with a lil bit of sense... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. lady.. another thing on the presentation part... I learn a lot from you.. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang Ad