Top Ad

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pizza Malaya

Hi all... do you ever like sengkuang.. I always do since I was kid.... in those years.. I used to buy this Sengkuang whenever we went back to Batu Gajah, Perak... where my father's hometown is.... surprisingly this old forgotten thingy has came back... I found a girl selling it at Pasar Tani..... but just imagine... I just bought 1 piece and that leave me a week to wait before I can get it again.....

Actually, you can make yourself at home one..but the only limitation is to find the spread.. the red sauce with sour and salty taste... I used to call it "colok" .. very scary isn't it... it's not that bad one....



Then, I tried to google to find out more about the sauce..... rupanya.... I yang ketinggalan zaman... benda alah ni memang tengah famous sekarang ni... nama glamour dia "Pizza Malaya" or "Sengkuang Calit".... hmmm lama tak dengar and sebut perkataan calit .....

Whatever it is... just visit Sengkuang Calit for detail....

Lepas dah sapu sengkuang tu sampai rata.. then taburkan kacang tumbuk yang telah dicampur gula... hmmm memang sedap tak terhengga.....

I bet after this, mesti dah tak susah nak jumpa.. tak sangka nostalgia kembali.... kalau dulu layan dengan ais kepal.... curah air gula merah + hitam.....

ishh ishh time time puasa ni kalau citer pasal makanan memang dah terliur dah.... ok lah.... bagi siapa yang belum pernah try... pastikan anda mencuba....



and today... because I'm craving for this so much.... I managed to get this Sos Sengkuang Calit from oldtimesengkuang sent to my office.....


.
.
.
.
and this is it... now I know why the sauce is red in colour... it's made of red bean.. no wonder... I thought it's an artificial food colouring......

.
.
.
.
harus terus buat...
and
the taste.....
I still prefer the old authentic one... the one that I bought in pasar tani....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang Ad