Top Ad

Monday, June 30, 2014

Melbourne Trip - Queen Victoria Market



It was such at so lovely weather when we arrived early morning in Melbourne... I was so blessed to be in Melbourne... for the first time and with great friends around. I told my self.... syukur Alhamdulillah, I was given opportunity to be here.. to witness the other parts of the world that you have created.... I felt so tiny....  I was looking and admiring the skies so much... it all appear like a canvas flip to me.... to be frank, I worked hard to travel. I saved very little spares I could to be in any other parts of the world... I have not traveled in privileged.. I traveled on budget but gives no discounts to view and feel all natures that comes as freebies... blue skies, clouds, cold temperature, pleasantly windy, the sound of waves crashing on the beach, the greets from the locals, the walk through the park and paves....

To me traveled with an open mind and hearts gives you great relaxation. Leaving behind a while of your worries in meeting datelines,  busy schedules, traffic jammed all year round, haze... arggh that's the beauty of Malaysia that we have to live with it... thus, maximizing limited time that I have with moments that leave me with an unforgettable memories as a take away to bring home which will last till my next travel.... travel do inspire me and keep me going to save more to travel more...... let's now see the skies of Melbourne which I have brought home with me....

It was such a lovely weather... it's winter and can be cold without your jacket.....



On our way to city from the airport.... look at that... it's Melbourne City... I almost wanted to cry when I see this....



Passing by the Bolte Bridge



Nearing the South Wharf...




 and we arrived at our first destination.... Queen Victoria Market, the talk of the town..






QVM market is in segments... vegetables, fruits, seafood, meat and poultry.... it's all under one roof. actually different blocks....

Aiming to buy fresh food to cook our meal.. Malaysian being Malaysian.. can't live without rice... cold weather easily makes you hungry...

owh no.... not lobster dear.. look for something more affordable...haha




In the end, we bought salmon fish head and bones for AUD 2 and seafood platter ...


 

and veggies





Us at QVM


 


Chefs at work now... cooking "Asam Pedas Kepala Ikan Salmon" for our lunch..




Moment of togetherness..... brothers and sisters.. with us during the trip are Un & Sahela, Fieza & Zamir, Kic-up and Azie. I have never got a chance to say thanks to all of you for being such a great trip mates... having you guys around are the best...





That was just a preview on QVM. We were here again on Sunday morning... it was raining and I missed this gloomy weather.... sometime and many other times the weather is very understandable of how you feel....probably a coincidence.... that day. we were here for souvenirs, churros and food...



 




It was still morning and time to get a cup of coffee after shopping for souvenirs... we walked around the market peeping at lines of stalls and restaurant for us to sneak in. and to my surprise, we found a Turkish Restaurant with Halal sign.




We stepped in undoubtedly and the smell of the food makes me feel like eating....



  


Taking a break after shopping.....







Was the Kebab yummy dear??.... obviously right... look at how enche hubby enjoying his bites.....




That was soooooo gooooddd!!!! anyone going to QVM should try this..


I had this for drink..... 


Best kitchen gadgets bought for Dapur Magika Kak Lin.... 


Sempat lagi berposing dengan awek Spanish.....





Seafood rice





I just love this photo....




Fresh flowers


okay... it's time to go home friends....everyone is carrying shopping bag , left and right...












Banyak boss Un borong tu....






Okay, bye QVM... tips or those looking for halal meat in Melbourne... you can drive or take a tram to Sydney Road... look for Brunswick Market.... but it closed on Sunday.... There are few halal restaurant along the road too...check it out





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nuffnang Ad